Enigma Box Bonus Joy!
Who doesn't love Bonus Material?
That B-side track on an album. The little extra scene at the end of a Marvel movie. The Epilogue to a book you don't want to end.
This is that little extra burst of serotonin, just for you, my Engima Box receivers.
Making this Engima Soundtrack each Quarter is such a delight. I honestly listen to these over and over myself and this one is full of my favorite things... celestial heroes. I pulled heavily from your recommendations on my Instagram stories. So thank you for helping with that!
- Sun It Rises - Fleet Foxes
- Sunshine On My Shoulders - John Denver
- Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
- Brother Sun (Giving Glory) - The Porter's Gate, Liz Vice
- Saturday Sun - Vance Joy
- Sunset Soon Forgotten - Iron and Wine
- Eyes Filled with Sky - Neomi
- Northern Sky - Nick Drake
- Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch
- A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay
- Stars - Alessia Cara
- Kathleen - Josh Ritter
- California Stars - Wilco
- Underneath the Stars - Kate Rusby
- Neon Stars - Wild Rivers
- Constellations - Ellie Holcomb
- Saturn - Sleeping at Last
- Planets of the Universe - Fleetwood Mac
- Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois - Sufjan Stevens
- You are the Moon - The Hush Sound
- Dancing in the Moonlight - King Harvest
- Full Moon Rising - Neil Halstead
- Neon Moon - Kacey Musgraves
- Shoot the Moon - Norah Jones
- You've Got the Moon - Josh Ritter
- June 24, 2022: Parade of Planets - Sleeping at Last
Megan at Flotsam Prints says her work is inspired by "wild swimming". What a perfect match for this box that lands at the end of a summer full of watery delights. Even if mine isn't in Plymouth England (more's the pity!) I have a few of Megan's prints displayed in my home and I cant wait to get more of her work into your hands.
I wanted to share a few other Celestial works of art...
If you've never read Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle before, this is my personal plea that you do so. If you have and are okay with some heavy themes, my favorite book of the year so far is The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Which is all about interplanet discovery. And for a easier read, the graphic novel Space Dumplins is fantastic and makes for a great coffee table book that your guests will be amused by.
Here's two graphics to use as iphone wallpaper from Flotsam Prints.
May you have a lovely few months with these pieces!
Welcome to the second official Quarterly Engima Box!
This one had some huge timing hiccups, so I'm relieved to have it finally created, and hope you've enjoyed opening it. I want spend a few minutes talking you through each item and why it's included in this box. But before I get into it... head to Spotify and check out the Soundtrack for this box. My friend, Ethan, "produced" this one and it's perfection. You're going to notice three themes, Body, Heart, and Mind. Each sectioned introduced by Sleeping at Last.
Sleeping at Last is one of my favorite artists and I'm so glad Ethan included him. This podcast is an excellent way to get to know him... and as an enneagram nine... me too.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RxQFAgUvFzA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here's the Soundtrack and the track list (if you want to create your own in an alternative music platform)
Embodied : 2Q22 Enigma Soundtrack
1. Body - Sleeping at Last
2. Shake, Shake, Shake - Bronze Radio Return
3. Buzzcut Season - Lorde
4. Ain't No Man - Avett Brothers
5. Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
6. (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
7. Hey Mama - Mat Kearney
8. Thistle & Weeds - Mumford & Sons
9. Crazy Bird - Wild Child
10. Home - Johnnyswim
11. Anywhere in Between - Cory Breth
12. Humbug Mountain Song - Fruit Bats
13. Oak Trees - Daniel Nunneless
14. Heart - Sleeping at Last
15. The Bones - with Hozier - Maren Morris
16. 1234 - Fiest
17. White Flag - JOSEPH
18. I NEED YOU - Jon Batiste
19. Between Two Lungs - Florence + The Machine
20. What I Wouldn't Do - A Fine Frenzy
21. 5 Years Time - Noah and the Whale
22. Come Meh Way - Sudan Archives
23. All My Loving - The Well Pennies
24. Don't Take The Money (featuring Lorde) - Bleachers
25. All is Love - Karen O, The Kids
26. Come and Get Your Love - Redbone
27. Mind - Sleeping At Last
28. Vagabond - Caamp
29. I Know - Birdtalker
30. Ivory Road - King Charles
31. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
32. Acrobats - Mt. Joy
33. SUPERBLOOM - MisterWives
34. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
35. Oh No - Andrew Bird
36. American Dream - Ondara
37. Closed Hand, Full Of Friends - Foy Vance
38. Trees - The Oh Hellos
39. Hold On - Adele
Now, let's go through the items and I'll talk you through my thoughts on them.
Abi Be Made:
I wanted a pair of dangle earrings that were neutral but not forgettable. I used three organic, soft shapes to mimic the idea of a body in motion. The goldplated leaf finding shows growth and life. So... I was just going to have the green and white pieces but in a late night haze, I double drilled the green pieces. I was DISTRAUGHT! Instead of remaking the green pieces I decided to lean into my mistake and add the little caramel oval on the bottom. Made the earring far more dramatic than I had originally envisioned, yet! I'm so glad it happened now, because I love how they turned out. And the three clay pieces give the "Body, Mind, Heart" feel to them.
Because I had such a dramatic earring, I decided to make the second a simple stud. This copper color is just magical, and the triangle shape, again alludes to the "trinity" I'm evoking in this box.
I knew I wanted to include a genuine Amber bracelet in this box. I wear my CanyonLeaf bracelets every day. I've found that they help with the inflammation that comes with all the work I do with my hands. I highly recommend them for your Amber needs. Since I've been venturing into bracelets myself, I decided to design my own. I added that cheery Smiley Face bead to bring you some joy and whimsy.
Hannah is someone I connected with early in the business in her capacity as a photographer here in Fort Worth, TX. She has such a gentle, elegant, eye. She's the one who did my photography last year and has shot our family photos!
When I found out she was creating a Body Balm I got so excited. Like everything she does, it's intentional, beautiful, and excellent. I have been using the Body Balm for months now. I love how it can go on my legs post shave without any stinging, it sticks around for hours without being greasy. With summer coming, I know we will all be battling the dryness that comes from chlorine and sun. There's a million lotions out there, I know. But knowing the Maker of this line, and experiencing the quality, I hope you are converted like I am!
She has the most amazing scents and if you love the one in your box, go grab another to place in a new spot in your home. I have a bottle next to my bedside and one in my bathroom.
Rachel is an absolute gem of a maker. I had purchased a few things from her last year and will never go back. I'm so glad I splurged on the Age Well Oil from the get go, because it's changed my skin so much. I'm not a big skincare "fan". It's just all so overwhelming to me, and trying to find something that WORKS, is NONTOXIC and ETHICAL just seems so impossible. But then I found Granola Mama!
When Rachel and I started talking about what to offer you in this box. She recommended the All Over or the Sunshine Oil because the price point was more in my range. But I insisted that we needed the best for you all. So we splurged on the higher end Age Well Oil. It's a little vial of GOLD, guys! I wear it under my minimal makeup and have seen a drastic difference in fine lines, blemishes and just elasticity. I think there is truly something special about knowing who made this oil too. I feel connected to Rachel when I use it every morning. And it moves me to gratitude.
A few other links to things that I have loved that support my body are below.
Last! Your phone wallpaper of the Box, shot by Hannah of Ritual Rally
Here's a playlist/soundtrack I've spent a ridiculous amount of time crafting. I hope it's a welcome companion to your experience.
Best enjoyed in order like an old school record… there are distinct movements here. Starting with lyrics full of morning and coffee. Followed by a folksy bit with themes of home and flowers. Next dip into a retro dance party set, where you can imagine being in Macaela’s Studio! Then a slow roll through love and time. Ending in a few contemplative songs for the end of the day.
I indicate below the songs that Macaela contributed by a MM.
If you have songs you think would fit perfectly into this list, leave a comment!
- From the Morning - Nick Drake
- Ordinary Days - JJ Heller
- Bloom - The Paper Kites
- When You Wake Up Feeling Old - Wilco
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers MM
- Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
- Motion Sickness - Phoebe Bridges MM
- Feels Like Home - Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
- Flowers in Your Hair - The Lumineers
- Called Home - Over the Rhine
- Late Bloomer - The Secret Sisters
- La Vie En Rose - Lucy Davis MM
- Flowers - Leon Bridges MM
- Library Magic - The Head and the Heart
- This Must be the Place - Iron and Wine
- Homeward - Future of Fosrestry
- Chinese New Year - Sales MM
- Changes - David Bowie MM
- Fire Walk with Me - Black Keys MM
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen MM
- Ready to Let Go - Cage the Elephant MM
- Ease Up Kid - Hippo Campus MM
- Before Our Time - Jon Foreman
- Where’d All The Time Go - Dr. Dog MM
- Ends of the Earth - Lord Huron MM
- Seven - Taylor Swift MM
- Wherever is Your Heart - Brandi Carlile
- Darling - Christian Leave MM
- When You Love Somebody - Fruitbats
- I’m Not My Season - Fleet Foxes MM
- Tomorrow - Shakes Graves MM
- Le Tempsde L’amour - Francois Hardy MM
- Breathe Deep - Sleeping At Last
- Everything New - John Mark McMillan
- He Makes Me Well - Allie Paige
- Till We Meet Again - Elizabeth Cotton
I loved working with Macaela on this box. She was so patient with me as we navigated a new project on my end together. I learned so much and she was so sweet in offering me grace as we pulled this together. Also... she's just way cooler than me... Her links are below.
Make use of this coupon code for some greeting cards or prints! COFFEEANDFLOWERS10
If you've been around for a while you know I'm currently obsessed with collecting handmade pottery mugs. Here's a roundup of three ceramic artists that make incredible mugs for your next cup of coffee.
The first handmade mug I bought, and still one of my favourites.
I own two of her mugs and they are some of the most satisfying to hold and drink from, not to mention, drop dead gorgeous.
This artist is local to me. I love how these show her fingertips in the glaze.
When you opened that box did the smell of fresh coffee waft into your home? I received those beans from a local Coffee spot. Cherry Coffee. The coffee is from Lemma Coffee Roasters, consider them if you want to try a small batch roaster.
Last but not least... Here's a phone wallpaper download, with our Lady of Enigma. Wearing the Nita's! Right click or hold down to save image to camera roll.